Sunday, May 13, 2012

How to make a barbed wire necklace

A week ago I got commissioned  to make a necklace with a little red riding hood theme.I was  told  to make it with a dark theme. (think broken glass and barbed wire)  I found a tutorial on how to make barbed wire necklaces out of leather online. It was so easy I'll share it with you guys. 

All you'll need for this project is a yard of thin leather . I picked up cording leather.
It was 2.99 for 3 yards













                                           Take two feet your leather and folding it in half  and tie a knot on one end like I did.

                               Then  twist the two strips of leather together . 


                    When you reach the end you can knot off the other side. should look like this.

Next you'll take some of the left over leather and cut 3inch strips . Cut enough to go around the necklace.


             Then tie em around the necklace. when finished it should look something like this.

                                Next you'll trim the pieces down to give it a spiky look .

                                                                Well there you have it !..
Mine is actually going to be a necklace I just put it on my wrist to show you what it would look like when your done. You could make a bracelet as well:)  All work and images © Avabunny 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment