Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring inspired headband for Blythe

     I am so excited that spring has finally arrived.  


 Over the last few days I have been inspired by spring colors and the lovely nature that surrounds my property. Today while working in my garden I found these walnuts that had the insides eaten out. I'm guessing by a squirrel. The inside of the empty shell is something you just have to see for yourself.

Bet you never thought would find that inside. I don't know if you can tell but it's in the perfect shape of a heart. Prior to today, I've also come across lots of little mushrooms in my garden and leaves with crazy lace patterns. All of this incredible natural beauty has inspired me to make a spring time headband for Blythe dolls. I've wanted to make something for Blythe dolls since forever !!

Well today.. I finally got started on making a headband !  I started with this lovely earthy brown colored leather

                                            
                                                      Added two rows of ivy leaves 
 
                                 Then took one row of ivy away and added two mushrooms 
                                                            And one pretty little doe
                                         
I'm not done yet. This is just what I have for now. More then likely I will change it around like a hundred more times before I get what I'm looking for . So far I think it pretty cute:)                                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment