Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Innovations with Dark whimsy


I  started making a new item for my recycled jewelry collection today. I found a Styrofoam ball and started transforming it. I quickly noticed it started turning into a fancy, ghostly, Tim Burton like creation . Here's a few pictures of what I've done thus far.
                                                   All work and images © Avabunny 2012



                                              

                                         
The funny thing is, I wasn't even trying to make anything that was Tim Burton-ish. I just started adding different things. The first thing was the mushroom on what became the side of his head. Then I added the swarovski brown button eyes. Then I added two jumprings around the eyes.Then the bow tie. And then the strips of black velvet with dazzled with black swarovski crystal rhinestones. Last but not least, I took out the brown eyes and added the two big black swarovski crystals instead.  When I was done I looked at it and noticed it had a Tim Burton flare to it. I like tho'!, I like it a lot!   



No comments:

Post a Comment