Saturday, April 21, 2012

Glow in the dark bubbles

The other day a blogger on here called These Tiny Treasures put out a post on glow in the dark bubbles.Apparently you can make 'em yourself with glow sticks!.
So I decided to give it a whirl and make 'em myself. 
As soon as I got up this morning I went to Michaels arts and crafts store.
Found out that they already make a glow in the dark bubble kit.. so I bought it!.
 
    But I also wanted to make 'em myself from scratch, so to speak. 
                               So I bought some bubbles and glow sticks !!.

                                  Oh, and some cookies too!
Went home and started waiting for it to get Dark. After it got mostly dark out I started mixing the bubbles up! First I started with the prepackaged glow in the dark kit.      
Then got started mixing up the other one .You basically cut the glow sticks open and pour the solution in to the bottle. I used scissors to cut the glow sticks open . 
oh yeah,also very important.. point the sticks away from face when doing it.

It's sad to say I found out a little to late that that bubbles solution only makes the bubbles glow for 20mins. Yeah..budget.. I know!.Anyway, this is some pictures of the bubbles..glowing..kinda,lol
That's the best picture I was able to get of the bubbles in my bedroom with the door shut and lights off. Seems the bubble solution glows more in the bottle then when you actually try  blowing one!!.


I did go to the window and blow some out the window but it wasn't dark enough out to see to much of a glow from the bubbles
                                              :( 
Next time I will wait till it's fully dark and use them before the 20mins runs out. it should work better for me then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment